SUBSCRIBE: http://bit.ly/SUBJoannaSoh | Follow my IG: https://instagram.com/joannasohofficial/ Do you believe that eating FAT will make you FAT. Hear this, eating adequate amounts of GOOD fats can help you to BURN FAT even faster!
This meal plan focuses on higher amounts of good fat and protein and lower carbs,. Because you’re filling up on fat and protein, you’re more likely to feel satisfied and energised all day long, which will naturally have you eating less.
Try them out, SNAP & SHARE your pictures. Tag me @JoannaSohOfficial #JSohRecipes
READ below for the recipes and steps.
Joanna is a certified Personal Trainer (ACE), Women’s Fitness Specialist (NASM) and Nutrition Coach, with over 8 years of experience.
Stay connected and follow me:
Tweets by Joanna_Soh
(Subscribe to my website for printable workouts & recipes)
Generally, the macronutrient ratio varies within the following ranges:
• 60-75% of calories from fat
• 15-30% of calories from protein
• 5-10% of calories from carbs
CHEESY MUSHROOM OMELETTE (serves 1)
1) 3 whole eggs – 216Cals, 18g Protein, 14.91g Fat
2) 2 tbsps. Unsalted Butter – 204Cals, 0.2g Protein, 23g Fat
3) ¼ cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese – 85Cals, 9g Protein, 5.66g Fat
4) ½ Red Bell Pepper, diced – 18Cals, 1g Protein, 0g Fat
5) ½ cup Baby spinach – 5Cals, 0.43g Protein, 0g Fat
6) ½ Yellow Onion, diced – 32Cals, 0.6g Protein, 0.04g Fat
7) 1 cup Mushrooms, diced – 16Cals, 2.2g Protein, 0.2g Fat
8) Salt and pepper to Taste
Per Serving: 576Cals, 43.8g Fat, 31.43g Protein
1) Over medium-high heat, saute the mushrooms, bell pepper and onion in a nonstick pan with 1 tbsp butter for about 3-4 minutes.
2) Add spinach; cook and stir until spinach is wilted. Set aside.
3) Whisk the eggs with a fork until smooth and frothy.
4) Next, melt 1 tbsp. butter in a non-stick pan. Then, pour in the eggs evenly.
5) When the omelette begins to cook, sprinkle the vegetables and cheese on top.
6) Using a spatula, carefully ease around the edges of the omelette, and then fold it over in half. Serve hot.
SHRIMP AVOCADO SALAD WITH FETA CHEESE (serves 2)
1) 200g Shrimp, peeled – 210Cals, 40g Protein, 3.4g Fat
2) 2 cups Baby Spinach -20Cals, 1.72g Protein, 0g Fat
3) 2 Whole Eggs, sliced – 144Cals, 6g Protein, 9.94g Fat
4) 1 Avocado, diced -250Cals, 4g Protein, 23g Fat
5) ½ cup Cherry Tomato, halved – 13Cals, 1g Protein, 0g Fat
6) ¼ cup Feta Cheese, diced – 99Cals, 5.3g Protein, 7.98g Fat
7) 1.5 tbsps. Butter – 153Cals, 0.15g Protein, 18g Fat
8) Salt and Pepper to taste
Tzatziki Dressing (serves 4)
1) ½ cup Yoghurt – 75Cals, 5g Protein, 1.9g Fat
2) ¼ cup Mint Leaves, finely chopped – 4Cals
3) ½ cup Cucumber, finely grated – 16Cals, 0.35g Protein
4) 2 tsps. Lemon Juice – 2Cals
5) 1 Garlic Clove, minced – 5Cals, 0.19g Protein
6) Pinch of Salt and Black Pepper to taste
Per serving: 457Cals, 30.4g Protein, 31.4g Fat
1) Saute the shrimps in a nonstick pan with butter until the shrimps are cooked through, for about 3 to 4 minutes.
2) Season with dried mixed herbs and salt & pepper. Set aside and allow the shrimps to cool down.
3) Let’s prep the salad! On a bowl or plate, fill the base with baby spinach.
4) Then arrange the shrimp, cherry tomatoes, sliced eggs and avocado on top of spinach. Top it up with feta cheese.
5) Serve it with a side of tzatziki dressing.
THAI FISH CURRY INFUSED WITH COCONUT MILK (serves 2)
1) 2 pieces Mackerel – 460Cals, 41.7g Protein, 35.3g Fat
*you can choose any other white fish of your choice.
2) 200ml Full Fat Coconut Milk – 316Cals, 3.3g Protein, 29.6g Fat
3) 1.5 tbsp. Red Curry Paste – 22.5Cals, 0g Fat
4) 1 Onion, roughly chopped – 44Cals, 1.2g Protein, 0.1g Fat
5) 1 cup Okra – 33Cals, 1.9g Protein, 0.2g Fat
6) 1 Carrot, sliced – 25Cals, 0.6g Protein, 0.1g Fat
7) 1 cup Baby Corn – 133Cals, 4.3g Protein, 1.64g Fat
8) 1 Tomato, roughly chopped – 22Cals, 1g Protein, 0.25g
9) Fresh Cilantro, chopped – 0.2Cals, 0g
10) 1 cup Water
11) Salt and Pepper to taste
Per serving: 528Cals, 27g Protein, 33.5g Fat
1) In a pot, cook the curry paste over medium heat very quickly for 1 minute or until fragrant.
2) Then stir in the coconut milk and water. Gently bring to boil.
3) Add fish, all the vegetables and season with salt and pepper. Stir to combine and bring to a boil.
4) Reduce the heat to medium-low and allow all the ingredients to simmer until fish is cooked through and vegetables are tender, for about 20 minutes. Don’t forget to stir occasionally.
5) Garnish with parsley and serve warm.