How To Make Keto / Low Carb Breakfast Muffins
These tasty low carb bacon egg and cheese muffins from lowcarbyum.com can be made ahead for a week of breakfasts on the go. Much healthier than the fast food chain sandwiches.
We really enjoyed these, the cottage cheese kept them moist, and the bacon flavour permeated the muffins, they were so good! But I only needed about 20 minutes baking time, so do keep your eye on them so they don’t get overdone.
Prep time 10 min, cook time 25-30 min, makes 12 muffins
• 2/3 cup cottage cheese
• 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
• 1/4 cup coconut flour
• 2/3 cup almond flour
• 1 teaspoon baking powder
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 3 tablespoons water
• 5 eggs beaten
• 3 strips no sugar bacon cooked until crisp, fat blotted with paper towel, then crumbled
• 1/2 cup cheddar cheese shredded
1. Preheat oven to 400°F/204°C (reduce if your oven is fan-forced, I used 350°F/180°C). Spray or grease muffin cups.
2. In mixing bowl, combine cottage cheese, parmesan cheese, coconut flour, almond meal, baking powder, salt, water, and beaten egg. Mix in crumbled bacon and cheddar cheese.
3. Fill muffin cups 1/2 to 3/4 full. Sprinkle muffin tops with additional shredded cheddar cheese, if desired. Bake 25-30 minutes (mine only needed 20 minutes), until muffins are firm and lightly browned. Can be served hot or at room temperature.
You can easily change the taste of these muffins by using a different cheese or substituting another meat like ham for the bacon. Ricotta cheese is a great sub for cottage cheese.
Serving: 1muffin | Calories: 197kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 100mg | Sodium: 600mg | Potassium: 84mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 300IU | Calcium: 280mg | Iron: 1.1mg
Net Carbs: 2 g | % Carbs: 4.1 % | % Protein: 30.9 % | % Fat: 64.9 %