The Ultimate Keto Carrot Cake | Keto Recipes | Keto Desserts
Looking at this mouth watering dessert you could hardly believe it can be sugar-free or in any way keto friendly. However, this is an adaptation for the classic carrot cake with a delicious cream cheese frosting that is both keto friendly, gluten-free and absolutely delicous! In case you are wondering about carrots being high in carbs, one serving of this cake has 4.3g of Net Carb, about 0.7g coming from carrots.
1/4 cup 35% heavy cream
1/2 cup water
1 tbsp lime juice
6 large eggs
3 tbsp sour cream
1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
3/4 cup avocado oil
1 cup Swerve (or sweetener of choice)
1 cup brown sugar replacement (or sweetener of choice)
2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 1/2 cup almond flour
1/3 cup coconut flour
1/4 tsp xanthan gum
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
2 tsp ground cinnamon
2 cups grated carrots
1 cup flaked unsweetened coconut
1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
Cream Cheese Frosting:
7 tbsp butter
1 1/2 cup Swerve
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 tsp lime juice
1 1/2 cup cream cheese
– Preheat oven on 350 F (180 C).
– Spray rectangular cake pan with oil and line bottom of pan with parchment paper.
– Start preparing buttermilk but mixing heavy cream, lime juice and water. Then set aside for 10 minutes.
– On medium high speed beat together eggs, sour cream, vanilla, avocado oil, apple cider vinegar and buttermilk.
– Add in Swerve and brown sugar replacement and beat until well mixed.
– Add the rest of ingredients while beating.
– Pour batter into pan and bake on 350 F for 45-50 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
– Place cake on wire rack to cool, then flip it onto serving pan.
– To prepare frosting, beat butter, Swerve, vanilla and lime juice until completely mixed then add cream cheese and beat until well incorporated.
– Top completely cooled cake with frosting spreading it as an even layer on top of the cake.
– (Optional) Garnish cake pieces with grated carrots or a piece of walnut.
***Cake should be refrigerated to prevent frosting from melting.***
This recipe makes around 18 servings.
Macros per serving:
Net Carb 4.3g
Where to buy?
– Almond flour: https://amzn.to/2RUZO88
– Coconut flour: https://amzn.to/2FE1MTO
– Xanthan gum: https://amzn.to/2XZM6kO
– Brown sugar replacement: https://amzn.to/2FDBDor
– Swerve (I prefer the non granular brand): https://amzn.to/2Mgy60g
– Kitchen Aid Mixer: https://amzn.to/2SXGg0d
– Almond flour: https://amzn.to/2rCFfig
– Coconut flour: https://amzn.to/2QSjeKv
– Xanthan gum: https://amzn.to/2XNtxA6
– Brown sugar replacement: https://amzn.to/2LhGmwy
– Swerve (I prefer the non granular brand): https://amzn.to/2rzPKTd
– Kitchen Aid Mixer: https://amzn.to/2SwvDkE
– Almond flour: https://amzn.to/2PCNnbQ
– Coconut flour: https://amzn.to/2UFHEWA
– Xanthan gum: https://amzn.to/2TscBRf
– Brown sugar replacement: https://amzn.to/2zZg9yr
– Swerve (I prefer the non granular brand): https://amzn.to/2LmWvBf
– Kitchen Aid Mixer: https://amzn.to/2TdLO6A
Check out more delicious Keto recipes on my YouTube channel at:
If you want to get notified as new recipes come up, click the subscribe button.